New member in Hampshire

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Are you buying or selling, and what are the numbers that you are giving away free to the first 100 lucky callers.

You did not say what car you have.

Malcolm

alexspurs61

Reaction score
cherished numbers said:
Hi all.
Have decided to join the forum as it has been recommended to me by a friend.
Certainly looks impressive at first sight.
If anyone fancies a chat, don't be shy.

I wouldn't ordinarily be shy, but first impressions lead me to believe that you're going to convince me to part with barrow loads of cash for a number plate which in some way - no matter how tenuous - connected to me or my vehicle....I'm just a scaredy-cat, y'see

Go on, prove me wrong!

OP
C

cherished numbers

Reaction score
Website
 www.berlinetta.co.uk
Thanks for your replies guys.
As I have been in business for 24 years now, there really is no need to try and convince anyone to part with cash for a registration mark, unless they really have already convinced themselves.
Re the first reply, I can't afford to give away one cheap number, let alone 100, while the tax man keeps wanting his wad!
I have always found that Mercedes owners make good customers, because they are very shrewd and know exactly what they want.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Do you have a Merc then?

I'm always amazed at what people will pay for a number. I know I couldn't afford mine if I had to buy it today - I thought it was overpriced back in '85.

OP
C

cherished numbers

Reaction score
Website
 www.berlinetta.co.uk
jberks said:
Do you have a Merc then?

I'm always amazed at what people will pay for a number. I know I couldn't afford mine if I had to buy it today - I thought it was overpriced back in '85.

I am looking at an SL55 at the moment. The last Merc that I had was years ago, it was a 190 2.3 Cosworth.
What is your private registration?
Do you fancy e-mailing me a picture for my website?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
cherished numbers said:
I am looking at an SL55 at the moment. The last Merc that I had was years ago, it was a 190 2.3 Cosworth.
What is your private registration?
Do you fancy e-mailing me a picture for my website?

Help yourself. 1st pic 7th posting down!
http://www.forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=9872

Now you can't look at an SL55 and cry poverty!
welcome to the forum.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Do we allow straight advertising like this? Can I choose a name like Fred Blogs Autos and sign off with a website like www.fred'scars.mileendroad.co.uk ?

Then when asked if I own a Merc can I just say "well, me dad did and I have looked at a bi-turbo CL coupe, you know as a runabout for the wife"?

Last edited:
OP
C

cherished numbers

Reaction score
Website
 www.berlinetta.co.uk
You seem to think that I have never owned a Mercedes.
I have had at least six that I can recall. Here is a picture of my 190E 2.3 Cosworth that I have recently sold. I am looking at getting another soon, possibly an SL 55 or SL500.
Re advertising. The signature is actually my own personal site, not my business site.
If I had wanted to get blatant free advertising, I would have posted the business address as a signature instead.
I am a new member. If I had known that I was going to get such a "warm" welcome, I would never have joined.

KZ1on190E2.jpg

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

Don't worry about Hawk just tell him that all your MB's have been reliable and he will be happy. :)

There are a couple of plates coming up at the DVLA that I would like, last one I was after they auctioned off as they realised what it was. I hope they don't do the same with the next ones :sad:

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blobcat said:
Hi & Welcome,

Don't worry about Hawk just tell him that all your MB's have been reliable and he will be happy. :)

There are a couple of plates coming up at the DVLA that I would like, last one I was after they auctioned off as they realised what it was. I hope they don't do the same with the next ones :sad:
My number was in the cheapest section at £250 M500SLW , The M&W are my initials. I have just got the new SL500 numbers to re arange on my boot, looks like I am stuck for life now with an SL500, its a hard life.

Malcolm

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I really feel for you Malcolm, especially as they are practically giving away SL55 AMG's at the moment :-o :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Blobcat said:
I really feel for you Malcolm, especially as they are practically giving away SL55 AMG's at the moment :-o :)

There is a lot of talk of a new 65 on its way, anyway I did not have any more piggy banks to break open.:(

Malcolm

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
cherished numbers said:
Re advertising. The signature is actually my own personal site, not my business site.

Of course. And the opening sentences on the site are: -

"We are the South of England's leading supplier of top quality cherished numbers, having been established since 1982.

Over the years, we have supplied numbers to customers from all walks of life, from small businessmen to film stars and TV personalities.

We can supply registration marks from as little as £99 up to and over £200,000."

All good personal stuff.:D

Top Bottom