New version DAS-6 Polishing Kits in stock

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Fancy getting those swirls out, buffing up your paintwork after the winter, seeing how bling you can make your car ?

Then this uprated and great value £99.99 kit could be the answer - you just need a couple of small bottles of compound and you're all set....

Attachments

• DAS-6 v 2 kit.png
    DAS-6 v 2 kit.png
    934.2 KB · Views: 15

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Looks a good deal, if only it was cordless and I could use my dewalt batteries on it

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Have you sources pads for it yet, I was trying to see what sizes were available but other than the 150mm I’m struggling
Rupes , chemical guys and Meguiars all fit mate you want the 125mm

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Looks a good deal, if only it was cordless and I could use my dewalt batteries on it
It'd be a DeWalt branded one then I suppose - which I expect is pretty pricey..and youd need a stack of batteries to polish a whole car for about 4-6 hours...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
It'd be a DeWalt branded one then I suppose - which I expect is pretty pricey..and youd need a stack of batteries to polish a whole car for about 4-6 hours...
Agreed, I like wired kit - especially if not used that often as the batteries don’t go bad meaning you need to replace the whole kit.
Battery versions can be heavier to use for many hours as well.

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
The whole point of the Dewalt XR series is that you can interchange the battery’s so they can’t go bad, most people that have DeWalt have a few battery’s and different bits of kits like drills, saws, blowers etc so running for 6 to 8 hours wouldn’t be an issue, agree corded units are great but extension leads and cables dragging around is a bit of an arse

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Only just noticed this post but that seems to be a cracking deal for what's a superb bit of kit.

I'd buy one myself but I already have the previous version of the DAS-6 and, to be honest, see no need to upgrade as it still does exactly what I want.

Incidentally, corded is my preference as well, it's amazing how the hours pass by when using one and I don't think a battery powered one would cope. The lead is pretty long as well, enabling it to be slung over a shoulder to keep it from getting in the way while in use.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
The lead is pretty long as well, enabling it to be slung over a shoulder to keep it from getting in the way while in use.
Just watched the maguires guy on YouTube doing a cut/polish with his lead around his shoulders

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don’t disagree about the corded option for when your doing a lot, I do have a corded da (although the head is rather large for some places on the car) but always find the cable gets in the way, no matter how much I loop it over my shoulder or on my back (anyone that knows me knows I’m rather skinny), but having 3 5ah batteries already I do think it won’t be an issue adding the dewalt da to my collection

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Don’t disagree about the corded option for when your doing a lot, I do have a corded da (although the head is rather large for some places on the car) but always find the cable gets in the way, no matter how much I loop it over my shoulder or on my back (anyone that knows me knows I’m rather skinny), but having 3 5ah batteries already I do think it won’t be an issue adding the dewalt da to my collection
The answer for the tricky to access spots is a smaller Backing Plate and pads -
4" pads £4.99 https://morethanpolish.com/product/4-inch-medium-firm-polishing-pad/
4" backing plate £9.99: https://morethanpolish.com/product/flexipads-17001-4-90mm-da-backing-plate/

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor

Attachments

• DAS6 with Menzerna polishes small file.png
    DAS6 with Menzerna polishes small file.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 8

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
What’s the Menzerna products like ?

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Used in most major car factories in Germany inc. MB, also MB in Alabama, and Bentley in the UK....really good stuff therefore

Top Bottom