Newbie Help

ChrisDavies

Reaction score
Website
www.easystreetmusic.co.uk
I've just had to buy a MB..quickly..after having written off my Nissan 300zx :sad: I had one day to go and get any car to get to work the next day. I ended up with a £500 190E manual. Surprisingly, it seems to be an excellent STANDARD car!! (too many pimpmobiles!!) and all seems well.

One little issue

I serviced the car and noticed quite a bit of oil in the air filter, contaminating the air filter itself. Is there something I should be checking? Is there a crank case pressure relief system? The oil is a bit overfull, but only a touch

Help please!

OlafMaxwell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 E320 CDI Estate
mmmmm.... well over filling oil does not help at all, you need to sort that out.

Check if you are using much oil, we used to find that happened if there was a little wear, blowing past rings and increasing crankcase pressure. The crankcase is vented into the air filter and the [polluted] air is then burnt. You can or should check that the crankcase ventilation is ok,is clear etc. Is there any sign of sludge in the oil filler cap?

OP
C

ChrisDavies

Reaction score
Website
www.easystreetmusic.co.uk
Keep acheck

Thanks for the help. I'll keep an eye on the oil level in the next week and come back. I was wondering though, if there was a separate crankcase breather system. Don't laugh at such a stupid question, it took me 10 minutes to find the oil filter and I nearly filled the PS thingey up with engine oil!!!! :grin: :grin:

Top Bottom