Order Tracking - C240 delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizon

New Registration
Reaction score
I ordered a C240 at the beginning of August from a franchised dealer in Germany on the basis that my car would ready in three months.  A month later I phoned to get an update and was informed that the delivery date had changed to December.  Just recently I was informed that car would not finish production until the end of January and would take another six weeks to ship from SA to Germany.

I cannot help feeling that the dealer was somewhat deceitful in estimating the initial delivery date, to secure my order.  Since then, the salesmen have offered no explaination for the shifts.  I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experience of this and if there is a credible way of tracking the order by myself

Thanks

vadhek

Reaction score
Order Tracking

I ordered my C200K from Holland in March 2001. Was told delivery date of Sept 2001. It actually arrived in Dec 2001. This is the same story for most people who have order the C Class. Apparently, the ship does not leave SA until it is full up. I have also been told that if you ordered leather seats, then the car gets shipped to Germany to get these fitted (cannot confirm this though). I managed to get lots of freebies from the dealer and he also refunded me £300. Good Luck

Guy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 Estate 2010 Brabus D6 350CDI
Order Tracking

Maybe this will help - try asking your dealer for the computer code showing against your order - here's what they mean -

A4 Final Supplier Order/Scheduled Not Produced
B0 19 Days to Production
B1 13 Days to Production
B3 NO CHANGES POSSIBLE
B4 2 Days to Completion
B5 Production Complete
B7 At Port/Ready To Be Shipped
B8 Assigned to Ship
C1 Ship Departed
C2 Ship Notification/On Water
CS Submitted to Customs
C3 Cleared Customs
C4 At Port
D1 VPC Processing
D2 Surveyed at VPC
D3 Potential Delay
D4 Ready to Deliver
D5 Released to Carrier
D9 Wholesale/Consignment Pending
F1 Wholesaled and Invoiced
I1 Retail

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom