Panel help

Franko102

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 108 CDI
Hi all, I've just bought a 108 vito and on closer inspection both inner wings have rusted beyond repair. I can not find these replacements anywhere and don't really know if they are called inner wings. Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 21

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
if I'm looking at the right part of the pic, it looks more like the chassis legs to me.

personally, unless its a keeper for the next 20 years, or a show vehicle, id just make up some repair sections with some steel and weld them in.

OP
F

Franko102

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 108 CDI
if I'm looking at the right part of the pic, it looks more like the chassis legs to me.

personally, unless its a keeper for the next 20 years, or a show vehicle, id just make up some repair sections with some steel and weld them in.

Cheers Pete,would these have to be the same triangular shape as what's in there or can they be straight to the bulk head for example if I had steel box section put in. They only attach to the top of the wheel arch them to the bulkhead and it only holds 1 wing bolt.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
they will be shaped the way they are for a reason, but the reason may be for the fitment of different engines to the same chassis. its difficult to tell on the pic where exactly the issue is, but ive repaired similar sorts of damage in the past simply by overlaying the original panel with new metal, 1 side at a time and seam welding it all round so that the original is encased in new metal. from what you say, I see no reason why a straight box section couldn't work, but be aware of other parts that fit in, around, and to the area that may be affected, light headlights, bumpers, air boxes, etc.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not have an EPC for this, is it all welded construction

OP
F

Franko102

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 108 CDI
Fab Pete, I will give the encasing a bash. I was a little worried that this was a major problem due to not being able to find the spares.

Top Bottom