Parking sensors fault

Tim Green

Reaction score
Recently, the left side front sensors show a completely lit bar (with beeping) nearly all the time when stationary, so I have to switch the system off. Does anyone know a way to check each sensor and what is required to remove and replace them?
Any help gratefully received. Thanks.TG

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I will put the details up later, I feel sure that the bumper has to come off, if the sensors have been painted at some point in time, that can do it. the other remedy is there are 3 grades of sensor, is to fit a lower output one or two on the ends

OP
T

Tim Green

Reaction score
I will give them a good wash to see whether that makes any difference. It seems as though one (or more than one) of the units is giving a continuous full output. I suppose there could be a faulty connector or something? TG

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
I will give them a good wash to see whether that makes any difference. It seems as though one (or more than one) of the units is giving a continuous full output. I suppose there could be a faulty connector or something? TG

Have them tested with Sar D, if they are faulty then replace them, but the distance can be adjusted on SD

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have them tested with Sar D, if they are faulty then replace them, but the distance can be adjusted on SD

We have been here before, they are not adjustable on STAR the fix is to fit a lower output sensor.

You have posted this before eric and it caused me much work looking it up.

For a change, you start looking things up rather than make me prove you wrong, it is obvious that you have never had this fault as you would know what the mods are. This in number ! since your new pledge

Last edited:
OP
T

Tim Green

Reaction score
OOps, sorry, didn't mean to cause disharmony in the expert panel
The systems has been working fine until very recently, so that's about a year sinsce i got the car, so it's not an adjustment issue. It sounds as though a visit to M-B oxford is likely, at huge expense! TG

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom