Rad Light

kaya

New Registration
Reaction score
Most will think this a silly question, but i need the answer so will ask anyways lol...

Just had a second hand Rad/header tank/fan guard fitted to my c180 sport 1995....the guy that fitted it for me whilst i was at work said that everything worked fine, he had put in sufficent water and anti freeze...(although im a little bit unsure as to weather he actually did put in anti freeze as the liquid appears to be clear not green or blue) my Rad/Water light is now on, on my dash, which it wasnt before when the old one gave way.......Ive checked the levels and they seem to be fine to me???

Does this mean that either he hasnt put anti freeze in....do i now have a faulty rad/header tank....or is it something else i've missed???

Any help would be great as this is my first Merc and i didnt get a handbook or anything..

Kaya

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
The level sender is linked to the washer bottle level sender somehow, could be this one aswell.

Ellsy Tanners

Reaction score
Its possible its the washer level sensor, but it is most likely to be the coolant level sensor as its just been worked on. These rads must be filled right up to the top, there is a white plastic marker just inside the rad top under the cap, make sure the level is filled up above this marker.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom