Rattle noise

Graham_Ireland

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 2015
Hey all!

First van, and certainly my first Mercedes anything. The van is a 2015 Sprinter, medium, 310 CDi. It’s very clean, runs nice, I don’t recognise any noise from ball joints or steering as far as I’m aware. But I notice a noise when I am at slow speed or going from a starting position say it first gear to second.

The noise is sort of a ‘clanking’… I don’t feel any vibration or knocking. So before going to a garage I thought I’d ask here.

My one suspicion is, could it be related to some sort of handbrake. Because I notice there is some sort of automatic hand braking taking place when stopped?

One other issue, is the sliding door has a bit of a gap at the top. The guy who sold it to me seems legit, he said he left a bolt out when putting the door back on. It’s at the top left / inner part. So would this help close up that gap somehow when it closes?

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom