Read this one - Spark plugs and CLK's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'll try to keep this short.

I own a CLK 230K  - 98/S 60,000 miles - full MB history never had a problem with it, I've owned it for the last 33,000 miles.

Well here goes, Back in November 2001 I took my car to MB dealer for servicing.

'A" service with rear brake pads, plugs and filters (fuel/air)

Got the car back that night and it drove like a dog! Attempting to maintain 50/60 mph resulted in the car juddering slightly.

MB Dealer had the car back, checked everything and found no problems.

I took it to another MB dealer who said they had fitted the wrong spark plugs!!

They said I had part number Beru " 14 FEM-8 DTURXO" when I should have had "Bosch F7 KTCR" or "Beru 14 FGH-7 DTURX"

MB dealer (that carried out the service) has said in writing that the plugs fitted would cause no problems with operation and running of the vehicle even though they were of a higher heat rating. They did however change them back to the recommended plugs!!

Car is still juddering (at about 60 mph) even though the MB After Sales Manager and General Manager said they couldn't feel it.

Just in case you're wondering I had this problem only when I picked the car back up from the MB dealer after the service.

I've changed the tyres / rebalanced but it feels like the engine not the tyres. Car accelerates fine but it judders slightly when attempting to keep motorway speed.

The car no longer idles smoothly and if you rev it to 1000 rpm it wavers above and below the mark even though you foot doesn't move!

Help!

Is the dealer feeding me a load of rubbish about the plugs? Could they have damaged the engine (I drove with the Beru "14 FEM-8 DTURXO" plugs in for over 2000 miles because the dealer/s couldn't fit me in!

I've been calling other MB dealers and none of them have the
Beru 14 FEM-8 DTURXO plugs listed for my chassis number!

Phil

OP
P

Phil

Reaction score
Read this one

Thanks Andy,

Will do.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom