rear wash &wiper on w124

drivenmad

Reaction score
i have a 1990 200te with 158000 miles and the wash &wiper have ceased to function,so far i have changed the switches the relays and nothing anyone got any ideas before i go mad :

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
drivenmad said:
i have a 1990 200te with 158000 miles and the wash &wiper have ceased to function,so far i have changed the switches the relays and nothing anyone got any ideas before i go mad :

No good guessing, you do need a meter to see where the 12volt stops or how far it goes before it stops, one for ,£5 will do fine.

malcolm

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
Failing electrics in the tailgate is normally caused by wires breaking where they pass through a rubber guide tube by the hinge. The wires get flexed, break, then pull apart and go intermittent

Do a search of this forum and you'll find quite a few posts on this topic

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

OP
D

drivenmad

Reaction score
wash wiper

i have bought a circuit tester,there is power all the way to the relay in the tailgate though 1 of the connections is giving no reading so must be the culprit,the washer motor worked fine when i swapped it with the front one.
failing that i"ll go back to a vauxhall

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
But bear in mind that some circuits work by the switch giving an earth, not by giving a live. So the live feed to the tailgate may be OK and the return from the non-working bit - which gets an earth via the switch - may be broken

You really need a circuit diagram to work out what's going on in these cars. None of it is as simple as it seems

If the washer's failed check the pump motor. If the pump's OK, and there's water in the bottle, then the pipe is probably broken where it passes by the hinge. If you run the pump and the rear headlining gets wet then you'll see what I mean...

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom