Recall or fluke?

S

SDKD

The front chassis on my Mercedes 500S wore down to tin foil thickness all around the holes where the axil for the wheels goes through, and Mercedes has been providing free "gasket like" pieces for each side of the axile to keep it from moving around and wearing it through to the point of dropping the front wheels on the ground for several years (2002 model with only 40k miles). Shouldn't they be doing a recall? Mine was discovered when I took it to my Mercedes mechanic for new brakes. I was lucky. It could have dropped on a freeway or curve and killed me. Cost me $2200 for a new chassis. I have the old part and the damage is VERY obvious. I took it to the dealership, they did nothing about it, wouldn't even give me a claim number or warn other Mercedes owners. I don't want to have anyone dying on my conscience. I did hear a slight clunk noise when backing up starting 4 years ago. Took it to dealer twice. They could not find the problem, told me it was a normal noise. I should not have listened to them. Have your mechanics check it out. Parts provided by Mercedes to eliminate the problem are free.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom