ref interior light

chubbs111

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk200
hi guys ive got a horrible noise coming from my int light on my 97 w202 ive been told its prob the fan i managed to remove the 2 light covers but i cant see how the light unit comes out can anyone enlighten me please

wireman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
nice 201 2.5D 1993 & very nice 129 SL500 1994
On the 124 & 201 the entire assembly comes out of the head lining, it is help by spring clips on the right and lugs on the left, to take them out slide the assy to the right and pull/prise it at the left or press back the clips on the rhs with a small screw driver, they are about 5-10mm from the upper and lower edges.
I am not sure that yours is the quite same, this topic has been raised before and I remember a pic in another post of the assy, have a search.

The fan is above the little grille for the air temp sensor, without it the heater goes too hot then too cold, taking ages to cool down or heat up. You might be able to source a replacement from an electronics supplier CPC or Maplin might have a unit at a lower than MB price.
The fan is a mini version (25mm ?) of the thing in a pc, they can be taken to bits (peel off the label and there is a bearing behind it) and lubricated if the bearings are not too damaged.

OP
chubbs111

chubbs111

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk200
  • Banned
this forum is amazing it doesnt matter what question you ask there is always an answer absolutely fantastic

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom