Roof box advice

JohnArnoldBrown

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Estate 2003
I 'm thinking of hiring a roof box for the 1st week of September(wife's family from US visiting with too much luggage!), and wondered if anyone had any useful advice(having never used one before). I have an old 03 plate S203, and I have the proper Mercedes locking roof bars. Is there a preferred brand, or one to avoid? Any help gratefully received.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Any box'll do really, I prefer the Thule ones personally, had one for years now....

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Your MB dealer may have roof boxes available to borrow i.e. no fee if you are a regular customer.

Thule make the MB badged ones anyway.

I had a Thule Atlantis 780, the biggest one for over 12 years. Until the other week I went into a car park I've used over those years, but forgot the GLE is considerably taller than the previous MB saloon cars :geek::shock::(

Thule unfortunately are not as accommodating with spares as they were, so no longer are replacement lids available :(:( as they don't want to be sued if you later claim the replacement parts fail d'oh. So it went to the tip.

Will check with local dealer if the borrowing service is still available when needed.

OP
J

JohnArnoldBrown

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDI Estate 2003
Thanks. I am not a regular customer of my MB dealer. A service at such a place would probably be more than my car's worth.
I think I'll just rent one fro the week.

John

Avnt

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c350 cdi estate amg
If you search ebay you might pick a second hand one up for similar price as renting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom