rust on w210 help

louislouis

Reaction score
Hi all
sorry I'm new to this - got a 98 300TD Elegance estate as a cheapish p/ex, it has a full MB dealer history upto current mileage of 217K! It runs fine but there is a bit of rust bubbling through on the rear tailgate by the number plate and a little bit on the osf wing wheelarch, all other areas are fine. How long were the bodwork warranties with these? Is it too old now to pursue? I wasn't going to bother but with a full local history maybe it's worth a punt if it is a long warranty?
Thanks for previous help with spare key & handbook, all sorted.
Regards
Louis

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Always worth asking as it will only cost you the diesel to the dealer and back. It does help if you have a relationship with the dealer.

johnmc

Reaction score
Hi,
Search in the bodywork section for "e class rust" you'll find the information you need. My friend had a 1997 car completely fixed and re-sprayed free gratis, but found a good dealer (John R Weir in Grangemouth) and had a full service record.

Worth a bash!

John

M6AJJ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
v222 2014 350
Try anyway, always worth a go.

Copy from a previos thread.
"A good friend of mine has an early 98 E Class Estate ( pre Mobilo 30 year warranty) which started showing rust on the two front wings and the tailgate.

A little bit tongue in cheek he aked the dealer if MB would consider a warranty claim. They did all the usual measuring the paint thickness etc. and said that they would send a report to MB and for him not to expect a reply for a month or so.

Within a few days he was told that the claim was passed, a courtesy car was provided, and the repairs completed in about a week."

You never know!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Sadly, there seems to be no pattern. Some get approval in a few days, whilst my Dad has been waiting for an answer for over a month now. I once waited 5 months. Some get turned down on fmbsh cars, others get approved despite not being near a dealer for 3 years.
As they say, it costs nowt to ask.

Top Bottom