S320 CDI with turbo/without Turbo!

mouldb

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently posted a thread about no turbo boost on my 2001 S320 CDI, but have since discovered the turbo works! However, sometimes I can start the car & drive, put my foot down and it drives slowly without allowing any kick down.
I then stopped the car turned it off & back on again and it ran like a train!

Ideas please!!!

Glow plug light sometimes comes on for a short while arter start up, but not all the time. Am i in for an expensive summer?

Bruce.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Glow plug light coming on after starting is to let you know that one or more of the glow plugs have failed. Get it diagnosed and replace the faulty ones as it can cause a few problems down the line.
If it feels like the turbo is not working have you had your MAS sensor replaced. Symptoms are inability to rev beyond 3,000 revs, no kickdown and quite often no error codes logged.
Non of these are expensive by MB standards to repair.:)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
mouldb said:
Hi all,
I recently posted a thread about no turbo boost on my 2001 S320 CDI, but have since discovered the turbo works! However, sometimes I can start the car & drive, put my foot down and it drives slowly without allowing any kick down.
I then stopped the car turned it off & back on again and it ran like a train!

Ideas please!!!

Glow plug light sometimes comes on for a short while arter start up, but not all the time. Am i in for an expensive summer?

Bruce.

Should be the MAF, if you want some spare money for your holidays go to a Bosch agent where you can buy the filter for ½ the price of MB. it comes without the plastic housing, but nothing ever goes wrong with that, quite a saving.

Malcolm

OP
M

mouldb

Reaction score
turbo problems

Thanks Guys,
You have came up trumps yet again!

Bruce.

psmart

Reaction score
Blobcat said:
Glow plug light coming on after starting is to let you know that one or more of the glow plugs have failed. Get it diagnosed and replace the faulty ones as it can cause a few problems down the line.
As per this thread, http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=18238 ... get it sorted by a garage, preferably one with the Kreuze-Werke boring tool, so if they snap one, wont cost you dearly!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom