SBC recall - any limitations??

haydar

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got an early w211 220 cdi (late 2002). It was originally a UK car but was imported to Pakistan late 2005, where I bought it around March this year. (Out of interest, the import duties are such that the car cost me around £45k here!)
Lots of work was needed on the car that I've systematically gone through, costing lots of money. (Torque convertor, gearbox throttlebody, disks, pads, service, front SAM, battery, etc...)
Anyway, the MB dealer has told me that the SBC system needs replacing and they are going to send the details off to MB germany since it should be done under a recall. I read the following saying that MB would write to owners but since the car is no longer in the UK I guess that's why it was never done:-
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/passenger_cars_world/what_s_new_2/Safety_recall.html

They also told me that the 90k kilometers on the odometer was wrong and that the car had actually done closer to 160k kilometers! This really got me since I pride myself in knowing my cars and there is no way one would have guessed it had done that kind of mileage from the interior and body! No seat sag, no shinny steering wheel, etc... Unlike UK, cars here rarely have a service history and I did have the car checked out by MB before I bought it, to which they gave the all clear in terms of it's general condition.

Since this is a worldwide recall I'm guessing I'm still covered for this work, but since the mileage is high, are there any limitations to the recall??? Geography, mileage, number of owners, etc...

Thanks

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
With recalls it should not matter No. of owners, mileage or service history it should still be done.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can confirm what Blobcat said , I asked my MB garage about and they are always done free.

Malcolm

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom