Service interval ml270

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Hi all,

can anyone tell me what the correct service interval should be for a 2003 ml270. When I bought the car it had been serviced but the service interval counter had not been reset. Consequently the service light came on after about 3000 miles so I reset it manually. This means that the service counter is now out of sync with when the car was serviced so I need to know when to get it serviced. I've done about 9000 mile so think it might be due soon! any ideas?

kristoff

Reaction score
I'd say about every year or every 12 -15k miles pal, which ever comes first. Don't know what the book says though.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Hi all,

can anyone tell me what the correct service interval should be for a 2003 ml270. When I bought the car it had been serviced but the service interval counter had not been reset. Consequently the service light came on after about 3000 miles so I reset it manually. This means that the service counter is now out of sync with when the car was serviced so I need to know when to get it serviced. I've done about 9000 mile so think it might be due soon! any ideas?

For saloons of that era, every 2 years or 15,000 whichever is the soonest.

If fully synthetic oil is used, and you do a fair mileage (longer journeys on a warm engine rather than short journeys with lots of stop start), I would not worry about the 3,000 miles difference.

The engine is as for the saloon and I doubt if there are any unique items in the drivetrain that would call for earlier servicing.

donithediver

Reaction score
you service reset on ml

Hi all,

tony can you tell me how you reset the service indicator

psmart

Reaction score
The ML270 is variable and when reset, goes to 13,000 miles. The rate of change depends on your driving style, oil used and how often you top up the oil. Drive hard, it will go down rapidly, but a quick top-up of oil will see it creep up. Drive gently and you will get more than 15,000 miles out of it but you still need to get it serviced at a minimum of every 2 years.

IanA2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
I had a new one a few years ago. It's first service was at about 20 months miles and 14,000 miles. At three years the mileage was 30,100 and the service indicator was showing 2,500 to next service.

The car was used as a daily driver on a sixty mile round trip commute.

HTH

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom