Service, trip and assistance

280merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220d AMG Line Premium mid 2016
Hi, just taken delivery on a E 220d mid 2016, and very pleased with it. It has Comand Online, and I am having some difficulties trying to get the menus working as per the manual. By pressing the touch control button on the left side of the steering wheel I get the menu but it starts wil Navigation whereas the book say there should be Service, Assistance and Trip options as well. I know they must be there somewhere but damned if I can find them anywhere. The service option should give the tyre pressures and ASSYST Plus showing next service etc.
I would appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
On the 5 button control on the left side of the steering wheel it has arrows top bottom, right, left and OK in the midddle right? Press the right button and on your dashboard (not the comand screen) you will see a line of options across the bottom starting trip/Nav or direction/Radio/Tel/settings/Assyst (I'm going on memory so might not be the exact order), go to settings then use the up and down buttons to select what you want to change, by Ok'ing- it will then give directions to change the setting desired,
Hope that makes sense
I'm making an assumption here that you thought all that stuff would appear on the Comand screen? Apologies if not!

OP
280merc

280merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks John, I think you are referring to the W212 E Class, I traded mine in for the new W213 which has a small touch pad in its place.

P

peterdh

Have you tried the right hand side buttons? I never bother with the handbook unless I'm really stuck as it is often too confusing or wrong. From memory all that you are looking for is via the right hand buttons.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks John, I think you are referring to the W212 E Class, I traded mine in for the new W213 which has a small touch pad in its place.

Oops yes sorry- I'm not familiar with the 213 set up :confused:

OP
280merc

280merc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Found it!

It was on the right hand side of the steering wheel, not the left. Stupid of me not to try but clearly the manual was written for left had drive and the steering wheel functions must be swapped

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Found it!

It was on the right hand side of the steering wheel, not the left. Stupid of me not to try but clearly the manual was written for left had drive and the steering wheel functions must be swapped

Great stuff, I was thinking it couldn't be tooooo different from the 212!

Top Bottom