Servicing Cost in the South of London

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbertrand

New Registration
Reaction score
I leave near Epsom [Surrey] and was flabbergasted by the cost of my first Service [CLK 320]...! I looked at the cost of the second service and was even more shocked..! Almost £ 500...! This is incredible. Would anyone know of a more cost effective way to Service my car pls, i.e. Would the cost vary according to the Dealer and if that's the case would anyone if there is a Dealer nearby who will be cheaper. Thanks. :shock:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Thats about right. Just had my E240 done. B service plus a couple of 'extras', £600. Unfortunately if you want to keep the warranty/Mobillio and corrosion warranty you're stuck with it. Prestige car, prestige prices though to be fair, a friend has a renault and the quote he got for pads on his megane, are more than I paid on my E class! Basically the parts are the same wherever you go, but the dealer charges £90 per hour labour.

Assuming you're stuck, what you can do is extend the service intervals (assuming you have the assyst system). Change the oil (or even just half the oil) after 7-8,000 miles and this will add several thousand miles to your range to next service. I added 2 litres to mine as it was low, and the computer added 4000 miles. Get it right and you can go 18k between visits. Also, there is no need to let the dealer do anything other than the service so shop around for those extra jobs !

damien13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985 280sl
trymercsonly inhounslow they do say that it dosent effect yuor warrantty regards damien :eek: :)

squealinneil

Reaction score
Look at your invoice & see what they charged you per litre of oil. You might be surprised. Merc dealers typically bend you over & roger you hard on oil prices so buy it somewhere else for about a quarter of their price, bring it to the dealer & tell them to use it. Don't be embarassed, after all they're not embarassed at charging you about 10 quid per litre & about 90 quid per hour!
I've never understood the concern with the corrosion warranty. How long are you going to keep the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom