servicing in herts / oxon etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

guydewdney

Reaction score
Website
www.atct.co.uk
Hi - live in Tring, near Hemel Hempstead. Anyone reccomend an independant anywhere from Luton, West london, Reading, Oxford

CL 420 with no distributor M110... plays up a bit..

136,000 mile service.

TIA

Guy

DWB!

Reaction score
Guy,

If you do a on search on George Fraser (ex. Alan Day, Merc), you will come up with some other background, but for me;

I used George's garage for a 36,000 service on my SL and was very happy with the work, service and price. On this I would recommend him.

He is just off the Hanger Lane/North Circ. interchange which for HH shouldn't be too bad.

George Fraser Garage
1B Minavil House,Ealing Road
Alperton London HA0 4EL
Tel: 020 8795 1055
E-mail info@georgefrasergarage.co.uk
[http://www.georgefrasergarage.co.uk]

I hope this helps, and if you do use the garage I'd be interested to hear to how you got on.

All the best,

DWB!

OP
G

guydewdney

Reaction score
Website
www.atct.co.uk
geoge fraser rebuilt my gearbox.

works fine now - but I wasnt very impressed when I askd for a sensor to be replaced, and I found the old one siting on top of the engine. not sure if it is related, but the lever can now be pulled out of P without touching brake pedal....

I got a cam bank solenoid replaced - the new one (s/h) leaked. I took it off an cleaned it and instant gasket'ed it. no leaks.

not bad - but very very slow. lots of waiting around. George himself is good, but some of his monkeys are just that...I asked for a loa of hings to be fixed, when I got it back, half had not been done. return trip.....

am tying http://www.way-station.co.uk/diagnatek/info.htm now... their website is poor, but the chap is sensible...

OT - anyone reccomend a quiet wireless keyboard that doesnt drop letters? i have had to r-type this post (sic) re-type... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom