Slick 50 Mobil 1

sjc123456789

Reaction score
Slick50 - got some of this in the garage, along with some Mobil 1 and Castrol oil. IS the slick 50 worth putting in my 92k E320CE? what oil would you put in? Mineral or Synthetic?
Thoughts anybody?

tom7035

Reaction score
Put the Slick 50 in your lawnmower if you must use it at all, but not in your car.
Synthetic oil is most definitely better than mineral - this is undisputed fact (and Mobil is one of the best).

Richard Moakes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500; ML500
tom7035 said:
Synthetic oil is most definitely better than mineral - this is undisputed fact (and Mobil is one of the best).

I might have to dispute that ;-)

Synthetic is not better in rotary engines (e.g. RX-7), they need to run mineral, all due to ash produced during combustion of the oil, rotaries inject oil into the combustion chamber.

Whatever you use, mineral or synthetic, the best quote I have heard is as follows: "Change it hot, change it often!"

Cheers,

Richard

tom7035

Reaction score
I put my hands up to that Richard, I must confess my knowledge of the Wnakel (had to mix up the letters or it got blotted out!) engine is less than zero and I'm ashamed of that! - For everything else ........................!

Reaction score
C280 Engine Oil

I also have a 95 C280 auto and use Castrol Magnatec (10W40), which is a mineral oil. i have also used Halvoline Energy (5W30)(also mineral), with good results. Due to the 10 000 km service intervals running on unleaded, I think any good oil with a SJ or SL specification is adequate, as my oil is relatively clean after draining at the specified interval.

Mobil is a good oil, if you can afford it.

Top Bottom