SLK230s - Buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Yaxley

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a car enthusiast (1950s and 60s Alfa Romeo Giuliettas (www.giulietta.com) who has decided to jump out of his company car scheme. I have a while to find the right car (next March) but I plan to buy either a 1998 or 1999 SLK230 in silver with a black interior and all the toys.

I would be grateful for any advice as to what to look for. The range of mileages seems vast from <10K to >50K. I am interested in servicing costs and what is the best mileage to buy at (after a big service I guess!). Also if going to a dealer really is the best and what warranties I can expect to see and are they worth the paper they are written on.

Thanks in anticipation

All the best

Regards

Peter Yaxley

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
SLK230s

Hi Peter,

If you scour the forum, in both General & Technical. You will find all the anwers to the questions. Some of the answers were in August issue of Merecedes Owner, which I have no doubt Ian ( the editor) will happily post one to you.

If you require quotes on servicing, warranties etc, visit my web site. www.mercedesservicing.com
If what your looking for is not there, then give me a ring.The numbers on the site.

Good hunting
Regards
Andy

OP
P

Peter Yaxley

Reaction score
SLK230s

Andy,

When I search the forums using "SLK" I just get three responses including the one I started so I am not having a lot of luck there. I also guess the Mercedes Owner Magazine you are referring to is August 2000 or before as I only recently joined the club and there does not seem to be anything in the August 2001 issue about SLKs. Does Ian read the forums or will I need to specifically ask for this particular issue to be sent to me?

Thanks

All the best

Regards

Peter

Andy

Reaction score
Website
www.mercedesservicing.com
SLK230s

Hi Peter,

Try page two of of this forum. Under buying a c280, the answers given there apply to you. Visit my website under service to get a jist of the prices we would charge to service your vehicle. E mail me directly from my site detail your address and I will post you some literature on the warranty if you so desire.

Regards
Andy@ www.mercedesservicing.com

OP
P

Peter Yaxley

Reaction score
SLK230s

Kathy,

Thanks, this is just the kind of information I am looking for.

All the best

Regards

Peter

freemypet

Reaction score
SLK230s

I have an SLK 200 yr 2000 (bought in France).  I have a problem with condensation inside the car when parked over night(turning to ice in the winter).  I don't know how widespread this is but i find it astounding from an MB product (i've had all seals and ventilation changed to no avail).  If anyone also suffers from this prob, please contact me.

Not sure if this info is of help.  But goodluck!  

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom