So what have you decided to do?

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
Come April 2009, the VED is going up to £400 and £415 in 2010 for most cars post 2001 registration, so what have you decided to do?

Are you going to sell your car and get a lower CO2 emission car?

Change to a diesel car?

Do nothing and pay the price or hang the government?

stumpy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
various
Pay the price and hang the basturds. The VED tax fails on many levels just like their recent stamp duty cut. I am not changing my car buying habits for them, though it is possible to change your driving habits to save the increase in cost.

bigbobs CL

Reaction score
I`d heard they had changed it and was only going to apply to 06 cars and newer, don`t know if anyone can confirm this?

Bob

DougCLK320

Reaction score
Lets keep these increases in proportion.
For less than a fiver a week, you can to continue to run the car of your choice......
..or you could spend thousands changing to an inferior / slower / noisier car .... just because Gordon wants you to.
Don't do it!!!
Doug

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
Buy the biggest one you can and get your money's worth. :cool:

OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
I`d heard they had changed it and was only going to apply to 06 cars and newer, don`t know if anyone can confirm this?

Bob

It law before the summer break. The MPs supported it because they believe it will be greener.

But did any of you lobby your MP? I am going to see him on the 25th of this month. Help me how to tackle him.:Da

They are planning sat nav trailing and do away with VED but more expensive by the miles you drive depending on the peak of the traffic, I think.

Last edited:
OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
deleted. repeated from the previous......................

popuptoaster

Reaction score
dont effect me anyway as i dont like new cars, but you could always fit LPG, get tax breaks cos its duel fuel and save money cos its half the cost of petrol at the moment, personally i think if you can afford a newish car then the tax increase isnt really gonna break the bank anyway.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As Doug,, no point in spending thousands to save hundreds

simon_wall69

Reaction score
Come April 2009, the VED is going up to £400 and £415 in 2010 for most cars post 2001 registration, so what have you decided to do?

Are you going to sell your car and get a lower CO2 emission car?

Change to a diesel car?

Do nothing and pay the price or hang the government?

Has anybody got more details on this??? It's the first that I've heard of it.

OP
dragon

dragon

Banned
Reaction score
  • Banned
Has anybody got more details on this??? It's the first that I've heard of it.

Please read earlier post. It law now, passed before the summer break that means it going ahead unless superseded by more expensive cost per mile according to peak period.

muller1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 Cdi and S type Jag 2.7 Diesel Sport Saloon, and now a VW diesel GT golf
You must remember that the England invented the taxation system as we now know it and are past masters at it.
You have BROON at the head of the pack howling for your blood, oops sorry I mean money.
It is a case of he wants it all to spend on HIS SAVE AFRICA CRUSADE, and if there is anything left put it into the pot that pays his pension and all the ether Government Employees.
He will get it all and he will then want even more.
It does not matter what you drive or what fuel you use he will change the rules to stel as much tax as he can.
Even when the world has gone to he*l in a hand cart he still plunges on with the greatest wast of money in the London(Gordon Broon) Games stealing even more from the Lottery (Gordone Private Pot) Money to pay for his ego trip.

*****d Off Taxpayer, and Taxpayer & Taxpayer.

END OF RANT
Power corrupts and ultimate power corrupts ultimatly.

Top Bottom