Sprinter starting problem

bonouk11

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 313. 2000
Hi all,I have a 2000 sprinter 313 camper,I have been having an intermittent starting problem,sometimes it will crank but not fire up.changed crank and cam sensors,no change.switched the 2 relays under steering column,no change,but had to replace the engine for other reasons so thought it would solve everything,but no still the same,I have noticed that when I try to start the glow plug light goes out and she starts on the button,but when the light stays on it will crank but not start.i have to switch ignition on and off until the glow light goes out.then it starts.sorry bout the long post,any thoughts appreciated
Neil

OP
B

bonouk11

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sprinter 313. 2000
Hi all,I have a 2000 sprinter 323 CDI. Have this intermittent starting problem,Sometimes it starts on the button,have changed crank and cam sensors,switched the two relays under steering column,still the same,had to have a replacement engine so I thought it would be sorted,but still the same,I have notice when I try to start van if glow plug light goes out it will start on the button,but when the light stays on ,which it does most times now it will crank but not fire up,with the new engine all earthing cables was replaced so not an eating problem,any ideas greatly appreciated. Neil

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
Hi Bonouk, think thats one for the techs on here as ive not come across that. Could also be an immobiliser issue? did you change the key recently or get it damaged? Faulty Glow plugs I dont think will keep the engine from starting but just take it a bit longer to start in colder weather.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
If it starts fine from cold on a "sniff" it's a glo plug or control of same issue.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom