still splutterring....

benzburner

Reaction score
okay, the work done thusfar is as follows. new petrol tank, re-do the petrol tank because it was fitted incorrectly because the constricted valve wore out the fuel pump, both of which have now been changed. my mechanic suggested the splutter would be completely fixed by fitting new injectors for €300.
originally, the car would drive sluggishly and every now and then would start spluttering and lose power. this would only be solved by pulling in for five minutes. it also started quite badly after being left overnight. now it's much better. starting is much better and the car splutters for the first ten or fifteen minutes of a trip, and then would motor happily for the rest of the day if driven continuously. if the car is stopped for more than ten minutes, youwill have to repeat the whole process of splutterng.
my questions are 1) does this sound as if it can be fixed by new injectors 2) whether or not i should do something about the injectors at all. my mechanic is a bit finnicky and told me there's no point using scrap ones (assuming i can find some), the car is up for sale and i'm not sure if i can justify doing this job on top of everything else i have done (i will have nearly bought the car all over again in three months). and maybe someone would be willing to take the car on and do the injectors himself?
any thoughts?
2)

Top Bottom