Stolen SLK - CX03 YDJ

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
A colleague at work has had their SLK 200 manual! in silver stolen. If you see the car, please report it to the police. Registration No CX03YDJ

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Very sorry to hear that, was it taken on a truck? Just asking as the MB immobiliser is pretty decent.

OP
Alfie

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
sankey said:
how did they steal it,must have had the keys

Broke into the house, turned it over, took the keys, wallet and anything of value. Happened in Broad daylight yesterday afternoon whilst the owner poped out for just two hours.

Edit; This happened in St John's near woking Surrey.

BarryG

Reaction score
Alfie said:
Broke into the house, turned it over, took the keys, wallet and anything of value. Happened in Broad daylight yesterday afternoon whilst the owner poped out for just two hours.

Edit; This happened in St John's near woking Surrey.

And for all the distress and worry never mind the losses some nice judge will give them probation and tell us what a hard life they have had.
Stealing isnt hard working is!

PS not sure if it will end up this way but costs nothing to keep an eye open whilst out and about.

Hope they catch the toe rags

Barry

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Same thing happened to people we know, their house was broken into and their keys stolen. They took an ML and a C Class Coupe. The ML was found purely by chance when another car with a tracker in it was found in a container on it's way to Africa I think.

Hope your friend gets his car back.

BarryG

Reaction score
I USED to keep all the household keys on a rack next to the front door, beside the phone extension just for handiness.
Yup woke up one night by the dog growling and went down stairs there was a bamboo cane waving about thru my letter box.
2 teenagers saw me coming down stairs and legged it, I just opened the door and let the dog out, he came back 15 minutes later. Dont know whether he caught them but he was exhausted. He is a huge long haired German Shepherd by the way.
Keys no longer kept there and frosted glass now round the door

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Probably on the basis that you think it will never happen to you, it makes me think about my own set up.Even with the security camaras you can only see your car leaving. Electric roller garage door is one thing, if anyone rams it, the car the other side would not be worth taking. OK I could put in a secure Key switch for the electricity, so that the door could not be opened, and keep all the keys in a safe. Where do you stop, is it worth the hassle

Malcolm

BarryG

Reaction score
OR like the idiot who lives opposite me who has a million candle power security light pointed out onto the road. The driveways on this road are only a car and a halfs length from kerbside, so everytime someone walks past his house every driver in a mile radius gets blinded.

Barry

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
BarryG said:
OR like the idiot who lives opposite me who has a million candle power security light pointed out onto the road. The driveways on this road are only a car and a halfs length from kerbside, so everytime someone walks past his house every driver in a mile radius gets blinded.

Barry

We have people in our road with stupid lights like that. I know floodlights are good but people should really think about the effect it also has on their neighbours. We have one in the back garden but it only lights up our own garden and as we aren't overlooked by other houses at the back it doesn't affect anyone else. We also have one on the front of the garage. As the garage faces the front we have the light pointing down and it's not as bright as the one at the back. We also have a light on the other side of the house and three at the front that are all PRI, but they are all just normal courtesy lights rather than in your face floodlights.

benzo

Reaction score
littlebrooklyn said:
We have people in our road with stupid lights like that. I know floodlights are good but people should really think about the effect it also has on their neighbours.

I have V Bright floodlights out front. The PIR is set to come on when people step on my drive but the light washes up the street. Not trying to be callous, but I put my (and my family's) safety and security first. I have neighbours that have similar lights and they don't bother me. People just need to be more tolerant.

If there were stiffer judicial deterrents to burglars/thieves most people would not need to resort to this in the first place.

ps I also never leave the car keys in the house when there's no one at home.

Sprint'n'Go

Reaction score
No one wants to nick my cars????:confused:

a beaten up old landrover
a rapidly becoming beaten up astra estate
a Bl**dy big luton van

These are not at the top of anyones wish list and this suits me just fine.

A friend of mine used to have a Subaru Imprezza WRX thingymawiz but he couldn't drive it to work as it kept being broken into and when he fought off the second lot of burgulars (the police said they were definitely after the keys) he sold it the next day!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sprint'n'Go said:
No one wants to nick my cars????:confused:

!

Think of how much they could get in your Luton, half the contents of your house

Malcolm

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom