Sun Sensor Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Where abouts is the sun sensor located? Looking through the diagrams on "the Russian site" the loom for it is with the heated washer nozzles

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
Where abouts is the sun sensor located? Looking through the diagrams on "the Russian site" the loom for it is with the heated washer nozzles
Its at the rear of the bonnet (hood) between the two air intake grilles. And it is known to couse problems, why do you ask? Having problems with it?

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Its at the rear of the bonnet (hood) between the two air intake grilles. And it is known to couse problems, why do you ask? Having problems with it?

Not that I'm aware of! Its part of the Thermatronic aircon system I'm considering upgrading to.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Eric has been at the bottle again, please ignore the post as we have not had a fault with one to my knowledge.

He is also wrong in saying that you have 2 grills. You only have one grill and it is fitted on the under side of this grill.

The box with the (4) sensors is about 8" long.

Hope this helps you young man

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
Eric has been at the bottle again, please ignore the post as we have not had a fault with one to my knowledge.

He is also wrong in saying that you have 2 grills. You only have one grill and it is fitted on the under side of this grill.

Get a life will you, Malcolm. I dont drink and have just had dinner with my wife. Your slagging will get you nowhere. From the posts on this forum, I would say people are correct, in as much as, anyone who does not agree with you is due for a slagging. I dont give a sh t and am not frightened by your bullying or your stupid thinking. If you want me to kiss you b---dy ar--e then forget it because I dont care if im banned or not. I will not be bullied into your way of thinking so up yours;.

Im an honest man and im not afraid of a (pen pusher). I give honest opinions based on many years experinence in this trade. I have apprentices with more experience than you. Oh and ps, they dont drink either:eek: So trying to defame me in any way, shape or form, will not work and maybe you should learn the english language and learn how to spell:D :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Eric when you stop boasting of how many you fix,and when you clearly do not know where they are am I supposed to agree with you

! You said between the 2 grills,,,,,,,,he only has one grill.

2 You said between the 2 grills,,,,,,,,There are 4 of them in the single grill ???

3 You said that they give problems, how can you say that if you do not know where they are, and I cant recall one complaint of this type here.

4 The fact is that they are mounted in the only grill.

Clearly your years of being in the motor trade are not doing the people here much good if the info is wrong.

You post rubbish and I will say so, even if no one else will.

Do have a nice evening. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05

Well, its been a while since someone called me young man! :p

Its stopped raining long enough for me to have a look more closely at my bonnet grill (just the one ;) ) but I don't see a box beneath and there is only the one sensor, which I take is the little black dome, central to the grill. I see the wiring going to the washer nozzles and possibly to this dome.
What are the other 3 sensors that should inhabit this area? Could they be for options I don't have? :-(

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Its stopped raining long enough for me to have a look more closely at my bonnet grill (just the one ;) ) but I don't see a box beneath and there is only the one sensor, which I take is the little black dome, central to the grill. I see the wiring going to the washer nozzles and possibly to this dome.
What are the other 3 sensors that should inhabit this area? Could they be for options I don't have? :-(

The 4 sensors all in the same box will be the one for the climate control, yes they are black domes.

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
hehe i do hope that there is never a meet, where malc and eric both attend :p hehe that would be interesting!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hehe i do hope that there is never a meet, where malc and eric both attend :p hehe that would be interesting!

what pees me off is that he says he has done loads of them, yet he does not know where they are. How can you fix something if you do not know where it is.:confused: :confused: :confused:

OP
whitenemesis

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
He's not worth the trouble Malcolm, forget him.

Unfortunately he is worth the trouble. :-? If Eric is giving out erroneous information and advice we need Malcolm (with others) to post corrections. But we need open debate and disscusion... Opinion and advice is offered freely and taken at cost...

Dave's E55 AMG

Reaction score
Unfortunately he is worth the trouble. :-? If Eric is giving out erroneous information and advice we need Malcolm (with others) to post corrections. But we need open debate and disscusion... Opinion and advice is offered freely and taken at cost...

NO, just ignore anything he tells you.

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score

Good question? on any car there is only one sun sensor. Whether it is Mercedes with one grille or Lorinsa with two Grilles, or AMG- the fact is it is in the centre rear of the bonnet. And there is only ONE.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good question? on any car there is only one sun sensor. Whether it is Mercedes with one grille or Lorinsa with two Grilles, or AMG- the fact is it is in the centre rear of the bonnet. And there is only ONE.

Oh dear eric why say these things I have 2 grills and 2 sun sensors, but I must be wrong as you will say that one is a moon sensor:confused:

you must write to MB and tell them that they have got it wrong on my car, thank you for pointing that out

Attachments

• IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
Oh dear eric why say these things I have 2 grills and 2 sun sensors, but I must be wrong as you will say that one is a moon sensor:confused:

They are both wired into the same harness, you must write to MB and tell them that they have got it wrong on my car, thank you for pointing that out
Are these sun sensors?:rolleyes:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

What you must understand dear boy is that the sensors are all different box sizes some contain ! sensor, and some have 4 like the car in question, they are all in the same box with only 1 dome.

The one in question here is 4 times the size of mine

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
What you must understand dear boy is that the sensors are all different box sizes some contain ! sensor, and some have 4 like the car in question, they are all in the same box with only 1 dome.

The one in question here is 4 times the size of mine
Well, my dear bolivian boy, you are not making sense And Im not your boy and I prefer women. Grow up and you will find a whole world out there. Its a simple airplane ticket (check it out ).:shock:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
My W211 has 1 sun sensor and 1 air intake, broken into 4 grills. As per the below picture.

4tpozk5.jpg

Now that we know what sun sensors look like and where they are lets leave the the rest of it out or I will get involved and no one will like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom