Thoughts on banning Petrol, diesel & hybrid vehicles by 2035

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It’s going to be a very interesting 15 years!

Attended a conference last week in London and there was a talk by Dyson. They’ve done a project with local schools in London where the kids wore the air quality sensors in their backpack. It was a very interesting bit of research!

The chemicals the kids were exposed to was crazy. They concluded that 31% of kids changed their method of how to get to school.

I just want to get hold of the data - could you imagine pairing that data with GPS, traffic light data, weather etc. Lol that’s me being sad

There's one issue I can see with the measurement method.
It's a device that's measuring air quality at a fixed rate of exposure. That means that exposure is only calculated as a function of exposure time with no correlation to actual volume of air inhaled and exhaled.
By that measure walking will always be worse than cycling as the length of exposure time is greater even though a cyclist may actually inhale the same amount of air due to more strenuous activity.

js190d

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1991 w201 190d 2.5/ 2002 s210 320cdi avantgarde
It’s going to be a very interesting 15 years!

Attended a conference last week in London and there was a talk by Dyson. They’ve done a project with local schools in London where the kids wore the air quality sensors in their backpack. It was a very interesting bit of research!

The chemicals the kids were exposed to was crazy. They concluded that 31% of kids changed their method of how to get to school.

I just want to get hold of the data - could you imagine pairing that data with GPS, traffic light data, weather etc. Lol that’s me being sad
Too many people concerntrated in a small area that's the problem. You don't need a high tech Nox sensor to tell you that.

Funny how 5G is being allowed in UK with no mention of health concerns when some countries like Switzerland have just "banned" it because of health issues.

The technocrats will not be happy.

https://www.newswars.com/switzerland-stops-5g-rollout-over-health-concerns/

Last edited:

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Roll it out and test it on the unsuspecting public, DuPont, Monsanto, ICI, Chemicals and GM products, Swine Fever, Scrapie and MCD possibly Avian Flu inflicted upon us by our Food Scientists, Microsoft et-al selling Beta versions in the 80-90's, Auto manufacturer's falsifying emissions data then expecting current owners 7+ Years later to fund their ongoing R&D programmes, will it ever end? I don't think so, it's enough to turn everyone into a Conspiracy Theorist. Now then, where's my foil hat? :geek:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I got there shortly after hearing he was there but when I arrived was told he'd left the building.
I think you might be fibbing...:rolleyes:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom