TipTronic Best Use

Mike T

Reaction score
Hello again,
I used to have a BMW with a sequencial/auto where you pushed the gear lever forwards for up the box and pulled it back to go down the box (or was it the other way around? I have reverse mouse on computer games so bit of an odd ball in this respect :grin: Anyway, getting back to the left and right tiptronic I'm just experimenting to get the best out of it.

It seems to be much happier if you keep your foot hard on gas when changing up althiough the slight delay is a bit disconcerting :roll:

Does anyone know the 'proper' way to use this tiptronic, is lifting your foot off the gas when changing up (I always do when changing down) the recommended procedure or do you keep your foot down OR doesn't it matter?

I noticed in earlier threads that most auto drivers don't use the tip feature but if you're belting into a bend and want to hammer through it, it's much more reassuring to use tip than kick down as you approach the bend, I find anyway. Comments?

Many thanks
Regards
Mike

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
what car have you got?

read another post...slk 200.

The change up will okay early if you have a light throttle, or late with a delay from your input if you are heavy on the the throttle.

On the down change you will need to select the gear you want before you enter the corner and by the time you are in it it will change.

you will need to co-ordinate your braking and gear change action to suit the auto. You should be okay once you get used to it.

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom