Tire Pressure Monitor

johnharryman

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E20072.8
After a new tire fitted (potholes again) the tire pressure monitor was displayed showing pressures. However I cannot get the display to go away and therefore cannot have speed showing on display? What do I need to do?

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Not sure about your car nor equipment fitted, but I suspect that you need to change the selected menu for the instrument cluster. Try pressing a home or return button on your steering wheel (if you have one).

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Whereabouts in the US are you?

NJS5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 R230 SL350, 2016 Discovery 4 Landmark, 1973 MG B GT V8, 1959 MGA roadster.
His profile says Surrey not USA !

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
After a new tire fitted (potholes again) the tire pressure monitor was displayed showing pressures. However I cannot get the display to go away and therefore cannot have speed showing on display? What do I need to do?
I just had this problem on a CLS.. Not sure what your car is but I used the steering wheel buttons (on the rhs not the lhs as the manual states - which is written for lhd cars!) press the home button to see the System Menu. I had selected Service>Tyres to reset the baseline pressures. I thought the screen showing the pressures would revert by itself but you need to go back into the System menu and select (eg) Trip to display the Total and Trip miles or whatever other display you want.
I find the instrument display on current MB's very frustrating as there is no means of locking the display. An accidental brush of a hand on the home button can set you up with fuel consumption or lateral acceleration displays that you don't want but have to consult the manual again to get rid of.

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
Not sure of your set-up, but you usually have to choose 'set tyre-pressure' in the 'services' menu after changing or pumping up tyres. This then becomes the new reference point from which the car can guage any future loss in tyre pressure...

Top Bottom