Total closure on my 2001 S

mlc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 S320, 2003 SLK230, 1972 350SL
I hope this doesnt seem like a stupid question, but:

I can lock and unlock my S class from a great distance, but to open / close the windows and roof I have to be almost touching the car, is this normal and if so why?

My last two cars have had total closure and I could just zap the car and walk away, why is the MB different?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I hope this doesnt seem like a stupid question, but:

I can lock and unlock my S class from a great distance, but to open / close the windows and roof I have to be almost touching the car, is this normal and if so why?

My last two cars have had total closure and I could just zap the car and walk away, why is the MB different?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

The RF is the long distance locking, the closure is IR done quite close to the sensor, this is a safety requisite

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Both mine worked at ~25'. As per above IR to the sensor in the front door handles.

nialler

Reaction score
As Malcolm says, it's designed to be close range so you can see who you're crushing in the windows.

lol J.

Yep there's a little IR sensor in the doorhandle that you have to point the keyfob at to close, nice handy feature.

You can also double the distance of closing using RF by sticking it to your head (it works I tried it) funny but if some thief hops into your car you've a helluva distance to run to get the fekker.

Top Bottom