"Tunable" W124 ignition 300 TE

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
Okay chaps, the Haynes manual says you can set the EZL to premium or super unleaded ignition positions, by means of an adjustable plug resistor. I found ours yesterday, and according to Haynes, it was in the 95 octane position ( S at the marked place on the socket). I moved it around so that N is in the marked place at the socket, hoping against hope that this is the position for 97 octane.

There are about 7 positions for this plug, but only two bold markings, S and N. Why would those clever germans mark Super 97 as N, and Normal 95 as S?
Or have Haynes just got the wrong end of the stick again.
The car did feel a bit more oomphy on the grind to work today, but that could be me hypnotising myself again.

Any ideas?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
With mine I never ever found any difference with any fuel or where the plug was.

Malcolm

OP
Myros

Myros

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R107, S211, R170, C219
I know how you feel Malcolm

I've moved it, so I expect a change, therefore, my mind picks up every nuance and thinks it must be a change. I'll do a timed sprint with my stopwatch one day and see what the "official" difference is. Floored in D up to 60 on the same stretch of road ought to show it.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom