URGENT help needed quick reply required if poss...

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
Are these well known? recommended? Either way ive called the guy he seems genuine enough so far. Says it sounds very much like the ignition switch but he says £50+vat to hook it to his star machine to make sure.

I now am going to arrange a flat bed to take it to him today hopefully.

Thanks again for your input and help

He's a member on here http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/member.php?u=31772 and well thought of.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Are these well known? recommended? Either way ive called the guy he seems genuine enough so far. Says it sounds very much like the ignition switch but he says £50+vat to hook it to his star machine to make sure.

I now am going to arrange a flat bed to take it to him today hopefully.

Thanks again for your input and help

yes, he is a member here, trusted by many, never seen a bad word about him or his business

OP
j4gg4

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
Top class thanks again people...

just trying to arrange a flat bed to go the 15 miles been quoted £50 so far!!!!!!!!

Will keep this post updated with the progress step by step to help anyone in the near future

Mic

Reaction score
Website
www.bennettgibbons.co.uk
Your Mercedes
MB SL500(2003), MB SLK320(2001), Volvo V70 XC AWD(2001)
without wanting to get in the way, I just wanted to say that the flow of this thread - the speed of responses, the cooperation and coordination of those posting has been quite superb and really sums up what the forum is all about - well done to all of you (and hope the problem gets resolved soon!)

I'll now get back to my corner :):)

I agree with every word. I could not have made a constructive contribution, but it has made fascinating reading and from a warm office on the outside looking in provided some amusing images in my minds eye. Every sympathy though and I hope you get a permanent fix at reasonable cost.

Mic

OP
j4gg4

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
You'd all of laughed if you saw me hammering potatoes and apples on the exhausts pipes... and drink bottles which fired off down the road from the back pressure lol.

Just wondering what my neighbours were thinking while watching me do this.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You could have played a game while waiting,,to see who could fire a potato the furthest :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
the ultimate spud cannon!

And one could do some research on how far it will go at 1k rpm all the way up to to 4k, and you should find the peak max power at around 2k rpm

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I used to stick potatoes in my mates exhaust (he was a Volvo apprentice and knew it all) and stand back watching him trying to diagnose as to why his car wouldn't start

OP
j4gg4

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
I used to stick potatoes in my mates exhaust (he was a Volvo apprentice and knew it all) and stand back watching him trying to diagnose as to why his car wouldn't start

Your all as bad as each other :p

Top Bottom