W126 cracks in fascia

xerxes

Reaction score
Has anyone got any advice for a good way to repair cracks in the padded top of the fascia in my 560? Is there a filler that's suitable? I'd appreciate any help you can give.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
trying to fill cracks yourself will likely make it worse, as getting the texture and colour right would be almost impossible and in such a lit and visible area you are going to see it. However, the chips away type folk do dash refinishing. Its primarily aimed at losing the holes left by carphones etc but I see no reason why they couldn't deal with cracks.
Alternatively, is the top dash panel replaceable? If so, just pick one up from a scrapper that's in better nick. I assume your's has seen a lot of sunshine. There will be many that haven't.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
If you can find one as Jberks says,they are around. It is possible to recover, the hardest bit is the the vynal used for this is not the normal (one way stretch backing) that you can buy. Its avery thin version without the backing that can be streched in both directions, you could use leather, this can be streched by beating with a mallet to form it over odd shapes.

Malcolm

OP
X

xerxes

Reaction score
W126 chips in fascia

Thanks for these replies: very helpful. Yes, it looks like the result of being in too much sun.

OP
X

xerxes

Reaction score
Thanks for these replies: very helpful. Yes, it looks like the result of being in too much sun.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom