W169: 2012 A160 Center brake light works, but lately that seems to be more like... sometimes

anyweb

Reaction score
Website
www.niallbrady.com
Your Mercedes
c238,w120 (diesel)
hi,
i had my sambos W169 in for service and the indie said the center brake light was not working, and i saw for myself that it didnt work when we pressed the brake pedal, I thought this was odd as I drive behind her on my way to work 2 days per week and i've not noticed the center brake light not working...

I decided to investigate myself and see if i could fix it when the weather is better, i.e. during the summer.

Anyway, i had to take some stuff out of the boot of the W169 today and once done, I decided to brake test that light, and sure enough, it worked, was it because I opened and closed the boot and some cable or the LED itself woke up ?

so is this likely a loose cable, nearly broken cable or LED on it's way out, is this a common failure on the W169 ? we didn't have this problem with the previous one

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Think you answered the qu to the problems yourself. Probably a solder joint come loose.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom