W201 Door trim removal.

MartinH

Reaction score
Think i must be having a thick moment. I need to remove the drivers door card on my 190 to have a look see why the CL isn`t working from the drivers door. I assume the actual panel is held on by clips, but how do you remove the armrest and the door handle trim. I dont want to pull off the wrong bit. :confused:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
the screws are under plastic caps that you just prise out.

Malcolm

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
Around the...hang on I'll get my camera, it much eaier than explaining! :D

Back in a few mins.

trim.jpg

Once the trim is slid off you'll see a brass nut head which comes off with a 10mm spocket if I recall rightly. Then remove the trim at the lock, not in picture, and lift away.

Mike.

Last edited:

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
As I can't edit my post I'll have to add here that you must remove the nut first (pull the arm away) then shove the trim fowards. Then unhook the lever mechanism (its abit awkward) and lift the trim away in an upwards direction. Sorry for dodgy first post.

Mike.

OP
M

MartinH

Reaction score
Cheers chaps. I`ll tackle this tomorrow. Any ideas what i`ll be looking for when i`ve got the card off? The C/Locking works on all 4 doors & boot from the passenger side. But not at all from the drivers door. I`m thinking some sort of linkage to the vacuum unit in the door? If it`s the same sort of system as Audi use. Any help gratefully received. :)

* Edit *
Good site. Just have to brush up on my russian. :)

Last edited:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom