w202 (c-class) electrics gradually stop working

Jake Scott

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Hi all,

My 99' w202 is in great condition and a joy to drive.

However, I have to keep unplugging the battery and plugging it back in for the electrics to work.
Everything will work then the front windows will stop working, then the keyfob to unlock, then the sun roof and other bits.

It seems like over the last year between resetting the battery and the electrics completely stopping the time has got shorter and i'm unplugging the battery to plug it back in a lot more often.

Anyone know what this could be? would it be a simple fix? I read once about the rear window relay or something?

Thanks

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
On these old girls the rear window motors used to fill with rainwater and cause troubles. I would try unplugging them both and see if your problems disappear

OP
J

Jake Scott

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
On these old girls the rear window motors used to fill with rainwater and cause troubles. I would try unplugging them both and see if your problems disappear
Do you know where I could find them?

Frans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 C180/ 1995/ M111
Hi folks. On our 1999 C200, we replaced the rooflining during which process the battery was disconnected. Once rooflining job was done, reconnected battery, left rear power window wasn't working. Tried everything, took off door panel and discovered no power at the window motor connector. Traced earth and 12v supply wire all the way to fuse box. Took all relays out and tested them 1 by 1, fuses too. Disconnected battery prior to removing all relays. Put them all back, reconnected battery and problem solved. Got the power back at connector, window is working.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom