W203 C220CDI MAF Sensor part number

dchantry

Reaction score
W203 C220CDI engine noise & MAF Sensor part no

Hi all,
I have had a few problems with my W203 C220CDI since I purchased it.
Have since found out that it was involved in a bump so no wonder.
I've had most of the problems fixed (injectors at £1200) and have now gotten over my paranoia everytime the car doesn't do exactly what I expect, but I have noticed that I have a minor issue that's annoying.

Basically, if I boot the car while driving, when it get's to 2500 revs it makes a strange straining/pinking noise until 3000 revs (when it changes gear). It seems to happen whatever gear I'm in.
I've had a diagnostics test done in the past abnd there are no codes showing.
Anyone shed any light on this?

As car has been in a bump and given loads of other threads I've read on here, I think it may be a good idea to get the MAF sensor changed.

Does anyone know what the part number is for an MAF and recommend any places to buy, so I can hunt around.
Chassis number is WDC2030062R062864 and model is W203 C220CDI.

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Just go to a Bosch service center they will have the details and the price is under ½ of the MB price

W

W203-C220

MAF sensor part number

I cannot imagine the MAF is related to any strange noises but if you wish to look into it I have some hard-earned advice.

I also read the suggestions to buy from a Bosch Agent at half the price but found I could not locate one close enough to me to not involve P&P or time & effort. I found Euro Parts sell one for £45 but is Pierburg and thought mine would be bosch.
Looking at some posts that describe changing a MAF on some models seems a little involved? But if yours is 2001Y C220 (like mine) it's a piece of cake, honestly!
If hindsight was foresight we'd all be better off eh? What I SHOULD have done was remove the original MAF to get the part number, cleaned it in the approved manner (look in the DIY section) then refitted to see if it made any difference. But I was convinced removing it without having a replacement would be a lot of effort. So I bought mine from the dealer at full retail of £71 odd. When I actually did the swap I found there was no dismantling or anything remotely time consuming to it. I removed the torx screws (just self-tappers into plastic - very easy!) cleaned out the housing with a cloth removing some oil traces, then in with the new part. 5 minutes maximum I assure you! The dealer part AND factory original were Pierburg after all. So the Euro Parts people are the cheapest for us it seems. They appear to be interchangable anyway.

Before the new MAF, my car would not rev over 2000rpm in lower gears no matter how much welly you gave it. It would rev as high as 3000 once rolling but the kick-down would never work. If you can make yours rev to about 4000 in second with the foot on the floor then the MAF is probably workiing up to a point and cleaning it may help. Mine was just past it although often worked when the air was heavily moisture-laden, like a steaming wet motorway for example.

I hope this helps you? :)
I thought you'd swapped your MAF with a known working one previously and it made no difference? The injector fault was masking the problem perhaps?

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom