W210 E 300 TD Starting Problems

Mark Neal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/1998/300td
Hi,

I have a 1998 W210 E class 300TD which is refusing to start. Recently it starts using the normal procedure, but then my glow plug light started to come on just after the engine fires for about a minute then goes out. Now it will not start at all.

Is it the glow plug relay that is at fault and where can I find it on my car?

Thanks,

Mark :cool:

gaz300td

Reaction score
i have got this problem at the moment, and its happend a year ago, i guess its just the plugs and not the relay. mine is starting up, the noise and smoke is there until its run for a minute. yours if its not starting at all could have more than 1 or 2 plugs down possibly, hope this may be of some help.

Last edited:
OP
Mark Neal

Mark Neal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210/1998/300td
More.....

Thank you for your reply, I will check the plugs in the morning, but it isn't even trying to start (no spluttering, just the starter turning the engine over).

Mark :cool:

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
If it's refusing to fire it probably has air in the fuel system. Was it parked nose-up?

Do a search of the forum and you'll find everything you need to now about this problem

You also have a couple of failed glow plugs

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom