W210 Electrical bits & Pieces

M

muzzere320

Now that I've had the car a couple of weeks I've identified all the readily findabale faults (Never ceases to amaze that no matter how careful you think you are being there are some things you miss:rolleyes: Any way this is what I've I need to fix

1. Outside temp guage displays between -32 and -20

2. OSR electric window does not move you can hear the motor running but it won't budge. All the windows that work are surprisingly slow

3. I can't the Rear headrests to go into the UP position

Anyone got idea of the likely causes & cures.

ATB

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
If your rear head rests are the same as the w202 they don,t go back up only down have to be put back up manually.
Temperature reading on mine reads erratically at times but does sort it self out eventually, sensor is mounted on the front bumper n/s (i think) inspect the sensor unit and cable, if it appears ok i would replace the sensor which 'i think' is quite cheap.
The window problem is almost certainly the regulator from the way you,ve described it.

OP
M

muzzere320

Andy Thanks for that, I'll try those out

Cheers

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
For the slow windows, buy some silicone lubricant in a spray can, and spray the door rubbers and guides.

Also an open razor blade held lightly and dragged along the bottom window seals can be a big help, you always get moss and other crap building up there.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom