W210 - headlight (W211 look-a-like) replacement?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I think that they have been popular in the US. I have seen quite a few posts on the US forums about them.

type49

Reaction score
They look good but is the dip for left hand drive as they're from the US?? It does'nt mention whether you can alter left to right dip so I would assume they're fixed. Better ask first.

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
I'd put money on water swilling around inside them within 12 months of fitting.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I'd put money on water swilling around inside them within 12 months of fitting.

This can be offset by adding some goldfish, makes it all worth while.:rolleyes:

Malcolm

leightos

Reaction score
Any news?

Hi AJi,

have you received any news regarding your original post? I've posted the same question under the "Body work" forum. But, no information is readily available.

regards,
Leightos

OP
A

AJi

Reaction score
still not sure to pursue or not !!!

Hi AJi,

have you received any news regarding your original post? I've posted the same question under the "Body work" forum. But, no information is readily available.

regards,
Leightos

Hi ... i've seen your thread ... update? ... i'm still not really sure to fit the projector light or not ... i did some research on this, but found out the problems just what PofD, TV & type49 mentioned ...

But, i'll try to remove the one on my car first ... if i managed to do it, i'll consider buying it and fit it straight away ... then i will always have one pair of original headlight for spare ...

Currently, W210 projector headlight is not as expensive as i first saw it on eBay last year (around £300) ... now i can get it for £200 ... anybody know the price for stock headlight from MB dealer??

Let me know your update on this ...

p/s: try this for removing the headlight (model 96-99 prefacelift): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atv1zg2G85g

and this for model 99-02 facelift: http://www.mercedesforum.com/m_29871/tm.htm

cheers

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom