WANTED... Child car seat.

slkgirl

Reaction score
I am new here so I apologise if this is not the correct place to put this but I am looking for child seat for a child age 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

slkgirl :!:

OP
S

slkgirl

Reaction score
This most certainly is not a wind up. I need a child seat for an SLK on an 03 plate, these have a responder in them that turn the airbag off, no other child seat does this and I don't want to pay £330.00 to Mercedes!!! And because I don't have any rear seats only a merc seat will do.

Spike

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 SL500
Personally, I'd either be looking to buy a more child friendly car or i'd spend the £330 on a new child seat.

I wouldnt have enough faith in a second hand safety device for a baby of mine.

However if you insist, perhaps keeping an eye on ebay might be best.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2987&item=4358684355&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

***EDIT*** seeing as the MB original is made by Britax, perhaps calling their customer care department may produce an altogether cheaper solution. 01264 386034 ;)

Last edited:
OP
S

slkgirl

Reaction score
Thanks sp!ke,

I have tried that route already, although britax do make them for Mercedes they then go back to mercedes for the transponder to be fitted :(

I am reluctant to pay so much purely because I already have one, this is a spare for my mum who has my little boy one day a week.

Thanks again

much appreciated.

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
slkgirl said:
This most certainly is not a wind up. I need a child seat for an SLK on an 03 plate, these have a responder in them that turn the airbag off, no other child seat does this and I don't want to pay £330.00 to Mercedes!!! And because I don't have any rear seats only a merc seat will do.

Hi there and welcome,a lot of members wont take you serious on this forum.
You must to be male and talk about your car problems all the time.

Regards Sue.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
the price you have been quoted is for a transpoder seat with ISOFIX. As you dont ISOFIX fittings in the front of an SLK you need to ask the dealer for a seat with transponder without ISOFIX fixture. Should be under £150.

checkout the dealer prices by email or call in and look for accessoirs broachure.....

OP
S

slkgirl

Reaction score
LANDROVER!!! Are you taking the p**s??? If I had the same car I most certainly would swap it over for one day a week. I drive the ML350.

OP
S

slkgirl

Reaction score
Slinkyjoe - Many many thanks for that I am looking in to it.

SUE.

Banned
Reaction score
slkgirl said:
Slinkyjoe - Many many thanks for that I am looking in to it.

Hi slkgirl.
Joe is one of the members on this forum that you can trust,some are just on here for to cause problems.
Hope you get sorted out with your seat.
Regards Sue.

jules335500

Reaction score
child seat

Dont know much abt child seats for merc but could you purchase one frm the USA cheaper or an independent merc garage.I for sure wouldnt buy a second hand car seat after a family friend had an accident with a second hand chair. They were ok, but luck more than anything and on watchdog years ago they said some car seats will only take one high impact crash.
While on subject of car seats , please make sure fitted correctly also please DONT anyone put kids in the rear seats of the car in the centre space without a seat belt.My ex girlfriend did this for a short journey up the road (1000yards) and had a head on crash.Her son got thrown into the front and hit the window screen but he ended up just bruised .Most coupes and convertibles only have 2 seat belts so please dont take the risk of a third person in the back.
take care all..................
mick

Last edited:

Bobby Dazzler

Reaction score
Just to ad my two penneth...

We bought an official MB ISOFIX seat with transponder when we bought our ML in November. I took the view that one of the reasons that I was spending so much on a car was to make sure that my wife and daughter were safe, so £300 seemed like a small price to pay in comarison with the cost of the car. Afterall, the car can be as safe as anything, but my daughter is strapped to the seat first ...weakest link and all that.

In all but one way the seat really excellent. ISOFIX catches are blooming awkward though. Bizarrely, it's actually easier to move the seat between cars that anchor using the seat belt than it is between vehicles with the ISOFIX fitment. Hadn't expected that.

My one gripe though is that I had the first seat replaced under warranty as the seat cover was showing signs of wear (ie bobbling, etc) after a week or two, and after a month it was unacceptable. Now had the second seat for a couple of months and no better. Not great when you believe you're paying for quality.

Back to topic (!!) ...do you have the MB ISOFIX seat (Duo if I remember right) in the ML? If so, just use the belts to anchor into the SLK - one of the best I've come across for ease of installation on belts.

Final thought, maybe the grandparents could go half on an MB one with transponder? Mine did!! :eek:)

Hope this helps!!

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Glad to see that (at last) some people are giving slkgirl some advice instead of
taking the p...ss out of a new member, on a very relevent topic for this site.

All I can add is to make sure it is fitted properly.
I was behind a car once that had a fairly minor crash.
The mother had a cut on her lip, and the childseat in the back was facing
sideways (badly fitted)
TG child was ok (screaming with fright though)(maybe from seeing me? you say)

My Girl is 10 now, so she sits in the front, proud as punch.

Pascal

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
PPS

Spike that 1st seat you mention is for 4 to 12 year olds, not a one year old baby:)

f3_1_b.JPG

I could see my girls face, if I told her she had to sit in that!!!!:???:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom