WANTED. R129 Owners Handbook '93 model

ianmcclu

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have a handbook pack for a '93 model 500sl.
I bought my first mercedes today but there isn't one in the car

help

SLIGOGOLFER

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 estate
R129 Hand Book

Have you tried asking any of the previos owners,if they have one. You will find their names on the V5. This has worked for me in the past. Usually no charge either,if you ask nicely

gfern

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 500SL
R129 Handbook

Try ebay there seems to be quite a number of these items there. I had a similar problem some years ago when I bought my first S Class and was obliged by the main distributor who gave me a set without charge. Maybe worth a try although I think that modern customer service means we charge for everything.

OP
I

ianmcclu

Reaction score
Thanks

Tried the previous owners with no joy. Car was imported from Monaco and presumably the books are still there.
Local dealer in Warrington excellent and v helpful. Books are waiting for me to pick up at weekend. £16 for all 4.

thanks

pascal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl320/1999/3.2
Well thats a lot cheaper than a return trip to Monaco.

Maybe your SL was owned by someone famous. Lots of F1 drivers live there.

PS: A good outcome from MB dealers.

OP
I

ianmcclu

Reaction score
Service standards

Warrington dealer excellent. One of the for handbooks had a mark on the cover so I wasn't charged, also gave me a very nice MB wallet to keep them in free of charge. Having owned Porsche in the past (dealer ok but nothing special) and BMW (dealer apalling) this is a very welcome change, I can see why you guys all stick to MB. Last car was an Audi S2, local dealer has repeatedly told me there is no such car and that the S cars only started with the S3. Impressive service don't you think.
Buying the SL is seeming like a better and better idea as time goes on.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom