Wet Feet in 300 SD - Could this be a leaky heater core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Diesel

Reaction score
After a two hour drive to visit my parents, and show off my "new" Mercedes automobile, my fiancé noticed that the rear floor mat was soaked in water. This significantly "dampened" my spirits (bad pun, I know). I pulled out the mats in all four locations and found standing water beneath each one. The headliner was perfectly dry and it hasn't rained in several days. Slightly baffled, I pulled the remaining carpet up and set it all out to dry. The next day, while parked on an incline (nose up), I saw a trickle of water on the front passenger side of the transmission tunnel. Could this be a leaky heater core? I can't imagine where else the water could be coming from.

numbnuts

Banned
Reaction score
Is your cooling system needing toped up, if so I would say it is the heater matrix and if not make sure the drain holes for the bulkhead are clear these are located on either side of the bulkhead and just above the bell housing.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom