Which colour for alloy refurb?

daboss2000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 W204 C200 Kompressor 1.8 Petrol
Hi all
I have a 2008 C200k in silver with the AMG styling pack on. It has the original 17” six double spoke wheels in diamond cut finish that are in a right state as lacquer peeling off/milky etc.

Have decided to get all 4 refurbed with a powder coat finish and just wondered what colour I should go for - the refurber has said Mercedes OEM silver is the most popular and closest to existing wheels but not sure really.

Anyone got any suggestions/opinions?
Thanks

OP
D

daboss2000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Does anyone know the part number for the silver 75mm diameter center caps? Also where to buy them from please
Thanks

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Too much silver going on .

This..

Screenshot_20210719-210927_Gallery.jpg

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Does anyone know the part number for the silver 75mm diameter center caps? Also where to buy them from please
Thanks
Get them from eBay. Dirt cheap compared to OEM and the ones I have bought in the past lasted for ages.
Some like these?

OP
D

daboss2000

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Get them from eBay. Dirt cheap compared to OEM and the ones I have bought in the past lasted for ages.
Some like these?
Cheers for that - was just looking at them but wondered if they would be poor quality

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Cheers for that - was just looking at them but wondered if they would be poor quality
Considering Mercedes will charge you £63 for OEM ones that will last no longer, I think they are worth buying, even if they need replacing after a couple of years, the cost is insignificant.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Considering Mercedes will charge you £63 for OEM ones that will last no longer, I think they are worth buying, even if they need replacing after a couple of years, the cost is insignificant.
Mine are 4 years old - wife’s are 7 years old. All look fine. Will the ebay units last 7 years.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Mine are 4 years old - wife’s are 7 years old. All look fine. Will the ebay units last 7 years.
The ones on my E55 still looked perfect after 5 years when I sold the car.
It may be lucky dip with eBay wheel caps but I've had no cause to complain about the quality, especially for the price.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
The ones on my E55 still looked perfect after 5 years when I sold the car.
It may be lucky dip with eBay wheel caps but I've had no cause to complain about the quality, especially for the price.
I guess the replacements are for really old cars.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I guess the replacements are for really old cars.
How so?
I don't class my previous 2004 E55 as a "really old car"
The wheel caps on eBay can be found for the latest models, so anyone wanting a colour/design change doesn't need to pay silly money for OEM if they so wish. It's nice to have the choice.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
How so?
I don't class my previous 2004 E55 as a "really old car"
The wheel caps on eBay can be found for the latest models, so anyone wanting a colour/design change doesn't need to pay silly money for OEM if they so wish. It's nice to have the choice.

Whatever floats your boat. Our perceptions differ.

To me a car over 10 years old is really old.

morgluis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLA 250 2.0
I think bronze will look nice also.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

But you can get 8 sets of them for the price of 1 from MB so even if you change them every year is doesn't matter.

I would put these in

I agree with @Gazwould on colour, a nice grey will contrast with the silver car

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

Totally, and as you get 8 sets from E-Bay for the same price as 1 set from MB why not change every now and then

S500 Pete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 (W222) 2014. Turbo 4.7 V8 with loads of toys. Superfast luxury.
Hi all
I have a 2008 C200k in silver with the AMG styling pack on. It has the original 17” six double spoke wheels in diamond cut finish that are in a right state as lacquer peeling off/milky etc.

Have decided to get all 4 refurbed with a powder coat finish and just wondered what colour I should go for - the refurber has said Mercedes OEM silver is the most popular and closest to existing wheels but not sure really.

Anyone got any suggestions/opinions?
Thanks
I had a darker grey metallic with diamond cut on mine. a nice contrast

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom