Worn out turbo or crankcase ventilation.

tonynear40

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 Turbo Diesel
Hi i have a 98 c250td which has oil leeking from the egr/egr pipe joint onto the top of the turbo, i also have a lot of oil in the breather pipe on the top of the cam cover. i have been told that it may not be the turbo that is leeking oil but there may be a breather problem and this is pulling/pushing oil past the seals on the turbo.

The car starts ok there is no blue smoke could anyone helpme with this problem as i'm not sure what way to go.

Many thanks.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Hi i have a 98 c250td which has oil leeking from the egr/egr pipe joint onto the top of the turbo, i also have a lot of oil in the breather pipe on the top of the cam cover. i have been told that it may not be the turbo that is leeking oil but there may be a breather problem and this is pulling/pushing oil past the seals on the turbo.

The car starts ok there is no blue smoke could anyone helpme with this problem as i'm not sure what way to go.

Many thanks.

I doubt that you have any turbo issue at all. The cam cover breather may need cleaning out and hoses/pipes cleaned and tightened. The oil would simply be PCV mist. Quite normal.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom