Worn rubber coating on C Class centre console

keiron99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 W211
I'll be purchasing a used C Class (2008ish) and day soon.

One problem I have noticed on all the cars I have sat in is that there's a piece of trim...I struggle to describe it, but it's like a horizontal plate on the centre/armrest console - which is covered in a thin, soft rubber. On all the cars I have sat in, it has worn away to reveal the hard pastic underneath. Very unsightly.

Is there an easy fix for this?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
hello and welcome, not sure of the part you mean, perhaps some other member does

OP
K

keiron99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 W211
Thanks.

I have done some digging and found a couple of threads, notably this here:
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=68419&highlight=flaking

so it seems like a common problem!

At this point I am hopping mad. After speaking to MB Blackburn yesterday, I went on a 100 mile round trip there this morning and test drove a used 220. I spent the rest of the day thinking about it and looking at other cars.

I just rang back MB Blackburn to make an offer only to be told they actually sold the car yesterday. What a complete and utter waste of time. I hope it's not indicative of the level of service I can expect more generally with MB!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK we know that the 170 can suffer from this, it could be recovered, but a lot of work in taking it out, there are plastic paints as well but not good on a 2008 car.

Re the car being sold, you cannot blame the garage, if someone walks in and agrees to buy the car there and then, they cannot really say "well we have someone thinking about it" Many never return after looking and thinking.

OP
K

keiron99

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 W211
Re the car being sold, you cannot blame the garage, if someone walks in and agrees to buy the car there and then, they cannot really say "well we have someone thinking about it" Many never return after looking and thinking.

No, what happened was I was there this morningm test driving it and negotiating when if fact the salesman's colleague had already sold the car YESTERDAY.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No, what happened was I was there this morning test driving it and negotiating when if fact the salesman's colleague had already sold the car YESTERDAY.

Oh dear. then sorry and not good is it.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom