Would you report this?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
C220GJS said:
I was joking!!. Been a biker all my life and have had my share of refusals at hotel receptions and campsites in Britain because we were on motorbikes: never on the Continent. So I would never judge anyone by their appearance.
Geo.
This reminds me, coming back home from doing a trade fair in Harogate when I was with Yamaha, we were tired, and decieded to stop overnight in this small Hotel. We were wearing Yamaha T shirts, and the guy on reception said, sorry boys,full right up, and please don't make too much noise with your bikes, Oh we said, we are not on bikes, we have the Merc outside.
Ah said the man I have just found 4 rooms, if you would like them. thanks we said we will park up. you should have seen his face when he saw the 5 ton truck.

Malcolm

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Stulc said:
I do obey the law but only just....because it is an a r s e...fact!, you just have heard/read about thing's the happen virtualy every day and something somewhere get off with something.....even murder!

I will co operate but only just....

Hey, Stulc, I have found a forum, just for you.

http://www.webhostingforidiots.com/blog/index.php

Malcolm

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
davebox said:
I do not know who the mod is for this part of the site but surely it's time to intervene hear. We have a majority that obviously may not agree 100% with the law but are law abiding citizens and one that has an authority problem.
The law is just that, The Law. I've been known to bend it occasionally and we all do the same, does not mean that it should be broken just because we do not agree with it. Look Gent's / Ladies, we should stick to our guns on this.

As for the original post - If you feel that the officer was abusing his/her position you should report it. If not, Drop it and move forward. Life's just too short.

DB :cool:

i dont think any intervention is needed. people have their own opinions and are entitled to express them. the probelm here is that some people have expressed a sweeping statement that the law is not correct. however , in another thread the same person needs to resort to the people he thinks are wrong, for help. politicians can change the law, we can talk to them, but thats about it. but the law works and is not wrong, it does make mistakes, but then dont we?

the sweeping statments based on TV and newspapers is an ill informed viewpoint, and is made more biased by an aquaintance who is disillusioned with the law. neither of these view points can be backed up with educated nor unbiased unopinionated fact.

Your comments about the original post are sane and unbiased. which is a properly formed comment. however, reading back through some of the other posts, this cannot be said for them.

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
SLinKyjoe said:
politicians can change the law.....(but wont/dont do it right), we can talk to them........(but again half the time they dont/wont listen), but thats about it. but the law works and is not wrong.......(does it!!!???), it does make mistakes.......(far to many..), but then dont we?

Yes Slinky I "adjusted" your quote.....

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
if you are going to adjust quotes at least put some substance in them

you obviously are totally unaware of the law and how it works. i suggest you take a long deep breath, and go an study the law before you post any further comments on here.

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
As I said before.....the law IS an a r s e....that's NOT just mo....it's countless other's that I speak to and heard about that just do not get the proper justice they deserve.
Good god there's hardly a day goes past where someone somewhere get's a rough deal for the above reason's, the law just isn't hard/strick enough. As I said before too, a freind who's was a lawyer got out for the very reason's I'm saying.....and he know's what's what but quite simply had enough!

Oh and btw....money DOES talk...that he/we also know/'s about

Last edited:

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
as you seem to be unable to take any notice of anyone on here whatsoever, i will say this once more.

You need to take a deep breath, go and read about the Law BEFORE you make any further comments on here.

davebox

Reaction score
Website
www.herbaldavesplace.co.uk
SLinKyjoe said:
Your comments about the original post are sane and unbiased. which is a properly formed comment. however, reading back through some of the other posts, this cannot be said for them.

Sane? a properly formed comment? Who decides what "sane" is around here? As for a properly formed comment, I was only expressing a 'point of view and as for the rest of my posts, have you read your own? I think maybe the mad man is running the asylum. At the end of it all We Are Individuals expressing our own views. The point I was trying to make is simple enough. Moderating a thread does not mean deleting or closing it down - just having an open mind and letting other people express their own views without the need to drag it out. If you think that this is wrong then delete this and forget about the rest of the group. I do not think I'll bother to visit quite so much in the future if the general attitude (i.e. the wish to argue) cannot change. :-?

To everyone that has helped me out over the past few months. A big thanks - and that includes the police officers that have been out doing the job that no one wants.
See you in other threads. :cool:
DB

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
Dave, you have misinterpreted my point about your post. I wasnt refering to your other posts. I was merely higlighting the fact that you made an informed opinion that is based on fact, and also on what you see and how you choose to view that in response to your own thoughts. Your earlier response shows that people can defend their position.

there are a few posts upon this thread that do not support any form of fact and are basically opinions that have no substance. The thread hasnt been closed for the exact reason you said. everybody has a right to express themselves. That also means members have the right to disagree.

The situation growing here is that you cannot have an informed debate unless a counter argument has fact based comments. If it is just the expression of an offhand comment based from hear say. How can that be used to make an informed decsion which is then used to tell everyone else that the law is wrong?

This forum is for mercedes owners to come and find help, and meet other like minded people. But to offer help may mean pointing out that some members may need to re-visit what it is that makes them have the view they have.

Stulc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180k
SLinKyjoe said:
as you seem to be unable to take any notice of anyone on here whatsoever, i will say this once more.

You need to take a deep breath, go and read about the Law BEFORE you make any further comments on here.

Slinky....as Iv'e said before....I was giving not only mine but other's opinion's, and the lawyer who gave up practicing because of the same reason's, thats all.

And he did study law and that's what he thought of it....say's enough really.

Biff

Reaction score
You get good cops and not so good cops, just like mechanic's, plumbers, electicians all of whom are probably paid more than your two year PC Panda Driver! Gross £18,000 first two years Outside of London!!!

Should you report the driver..........why not bring it to the attention of the local area command, write a letter in with the relevant details. It will be investigated (yes by another cop) but it will be audited and you will recive an official explanation. If the Cop was on a call it will be held on the CAD (Computer aided despatch) system.

Obviously the cop can make an excuse if not on CAD however no doubt their supervisor will have something to say to the individual concerned.

If they have done wrong then they will get a rollocking if not then whats the harm!

As for the law.... yep some is an ass, some is essential but in essence I think we have a fair system whereby officers have the right to exercise discretion. Rollock a speeder for 40 in a 30, or give them 3 points...being honest reckon its all down to the circs at the time and the all important attitude of the driver when stopped!

Also worth bearing in mind that most "Panda's" do not have calibrated speedometers so if pulled your more than likely going to get a rollocking! Also most panda drivers have to do a two or three week reponse driving course, many now have the addtional one week pursuit course also.

As for the group of people fighting.......ask yourself this......20 - 30 drunk persons having a fight amongst themselves (five people scrapping is enough), 2 Cops turn up...is the group going to run away? Stop and stand still? continue fighting or turn on the officers equiped with CS and an expandable baton!

The above decison and how you decide as a cop to deal with it is all down to impact factors such as: wheres your back up? how big they are? weapons used? time of day? CCTV? injured persons? are they drunk? etc...

Right sorry to harp on... in essence reckon cops do a good job, just dont think for one minute that a failed trial, lack of a conviction is the fault of a single body in the judicial process. For the uneducated it is all to easy to point the finger at the police....they are simply evidence gatherers!

Right thats it off me soap box :lol:

RichHammond

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R class 2006
Some good comments and Buzz words Biff it sounds as if you are speaking from experience I agree with your comments.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom