wynns Automatic Transmission Treatment

redgate

Reaction score
Has anyone tried wynns auto trans treatment. If so does it work?.
As I have a harsh gear change in my 96 w202, and was woundering if this product would smooth the change.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Has anyone tried wynns auto trans treatment. If so does it work?.
As I have a harsh gear change in my 96 w202, and was woundering if this product would smooth the change.

I dont know if these additives work or not but i would first try an atf fluid and filter change before adding anything alien that might ultimately result in terminal damage to the very expensive transmission.

Hibbo

Reaction score
You'll have a vacuum tube off or leaking somewhere, this gives very harsh changes.

Check around the pipes on the proportioning valve on the side of the injection pump.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
yes,do change the fluid and the filter, if no better check the vacuum lines.

Do not forget that the fluid should be changed at 40k miles though I do not think that you have a sealed for life box on your car, but that makes no difference anyway.

Malcolm

Parrot of Doom

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Was an E300TD, now a Lexus LS400
I tend to think that these fluids just mask the problem. Better in the long run to fix the problem.

eric242340

Banned
Reaction score
You will not cure a problem with Wynns or any other product. I would do as the chaps have suggested and try an oil/filter change and look for vacuum leaks. But first check the oil level and the colour (it should be red on your car) if its black change it, and at normal working temperature if it smells burnt, then there may be burnt soft plates. To check the oil level it must be done at normal engine working temperature 80 - 90 and with the engine running.

OP
redgate

redgate

Reaction score
I have had the ATF changed around 2000 miles ago it didnt help much.

The first gear change is the harshest. I have noticed it is smoother well the car is cold. Also if I come off the throttle just before it changes gear the change is smoother. The other gear changes are smoother.

The car is a 1996 C220D classic

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom