XL / Reinforced Tyres

iben

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 300TD estate
Hi, I'm Interseted in tyres selection as well. I have a W124 300TD Estate that I use for work so I am often carrying heavyish loads etc, considering the weight of the car and the load I carry I'm looking at fitting XL or Reinforced tyres. All the major Manufacturers do them in my size (Avon, Toyo etc). Anyone got experiance of the reinforced tyres or XL (Extra Load), whats your thoughts.

Bolide

Reaction score
Website
www.w124.co.uk
Your Mercedes
BMW 525 Diesel Touring
What does the manual suggest?

The car weighs about 1500Kg and you're unlikely to be carrying more than about 250 Kg in the rear. So loaded it will weigh about the same as a new VW Golf

I'd stick with ordinary tyres. I fit Continental Premium Contact IIs and they work very well

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
If you are concerned about the load rating fit 97 load index and stick to premium brands. I run my 210 estate on premium brand with a load index of 93 rated tyres without any problems.

GEORGEROV

Reaction score
Hi iben, Most notable difference you will feel is the car will have a harsher ride with the stiffer sidewalls..

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom